Design & Engineering
We are seeking six (6) highly motivated and passionate Junior Draftspersons to join our growing Design & Engineering team, commencing early July.
These positions would suit Graduate or Junior Mechanical or Structural Engineers.
About the Roles:
Reporting to the Surveying, Design & IT Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Design, manufacture and development of 3D models for manufacturing and assembly purposes under supervision.
- Under supervision, design and detail drawings and modelling for structural steel fabrication.
- Contribute to the preparation of pre-work documentation of projects.
- Make any necessary amendments according to mark-ups
- Finalise all relevant works once the allocated job folder is completed.
- Liaise with Design Team, Engineers, Project Coordinators to collate key information required to prepare draft.
- Analyse product and/or equipment specifications and performance requirements to determine designs which can be produced by existing manufacturing or processing facilities and/or methods.
- Provide technical input regarding manufacturing or processing techniques, materials, properties, processes, advantages and limitations which may affect long range plant and product engineering planning.
- Under direction prepare product and/or system layout and detailed drawings and schematics.
- Seek assistance from Engineering personnel to clarify and/or resolve problems and develop design.
- Seek assistance from Surveyors and/or other Engineering personnel to prepare design
To be successful in this position, you will possess the following:
- Qualification in Engineering (Mechanical or Structural)
- Engineering background (desirable)
- Practical & Technical Knowledge
- Sound knowledge of AutoCAD, SolidWorks & Microsoft Office Software
- Exposure to Oil & Gas Industry (desirable)
- Excellent English language skills (written and oral)
You must also be available to undertake a pre-employment medical including Drug & Alcohol.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply. (Under section 51 of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984).
Legeneering is committed to building an engaged and talented workforce that is representative of the people who live in the communities where we operate. Fostering an environment where diversity of thinking, skills and experiences are embraced, delivering innovation and better business results. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds to apply.
If you’d like to be part of our exciting growth, please click the APPLY NOW button and submit an up-to-date CV.
All applications will be held in the strictest confidence and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.