SMP Estimator / Tenderer
Production, Planning & Scheduling
Perth, Fremantle and Southern Suburbs
Who we are:
We are a leading one-stop provider of flexible solutions for the brownfield oil and gas industry. Our complete range of scalable specialist services are designed and adapted to match the needs of our clients.
With a strong foundation in asset maintenance accompanied with cutting edge technology, we work closely with our clients to understand their total requirements, identify the right solutions and execute projects in a cost effective and safe manner, ensuring the highest levels of productivity.
Due to continued steady growth, we require a highly motivated and experienced SMP Estimator / Tenderer to join our team working on Offshore Services and Refurbishment, Oil & Gas and Mining Fabrication packages.
This role would suit a highly organised individual who is comfortable working to tight deadlines with minimal supervision.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Projects Manager, the successful applicant will be responsible for undertaking the following tasks:
- Review existing Quality Management System estimating processes and procedures to identify operational efficiency improvement opportunities.
- Measure tender win percentage, and identify opportunities to improve success through data analysis.
- Liaise with customers and promote the company to assist in securing new business opportunities.
- Review incoming tender documentation to determine client requirements, scope of work and specific contracting terms and conditions.
- Compile accurate material take-offs.
- Develop subcontracting and supplier scope of work packages and obtain highly competitive quotations required in support of the overall tender.
- Develop fabrication / construction schedules and plans using Microsoft Project.
- Accurately generate price build-ups consisting of man-hours, plant and equipment, supplier and subcontractor quotations.
- Assist in the development of Technical and Commercial Clarifications.
- Identify Risks and Opportunities within the tender and calculation of any required contingencies.
- Compile tender review documentation required to hold tender review meetings with senior management and adjust tender pricing as required.
- Assist the Bid Coordinator to prepare professional submission documentation in accordance with client requirements.
- Develop clear and concise handover documentation to assist transfer of awarded contracts to Project Teams once contracts are awarded.
- Assist Project Teams in compilation of variations to scope and subsequent variation claims.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 5yrs work experience in an SMP Fabrication, Construction, or Offshore Services estimating role.
- Experience tendering offshore / subsea fabrication packages will be highly regarded.
- Project scheduling experience using Microsoft Project.
- Good knowledge of vendor sourcing practices (researching, evaluating and negotiating with vendors), Fabrication and Construction Norms.
- Intermediate / Advanced Excel Skills.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and maintain high attention to detail.
- Solid analytical skills, with the ability to conduct prompt cost analysis.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply (under section 51 of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984).
Legeneering is committed to building an engaged and talented workforce that is representative of the people who live in the communities where we operate. Fostering an environment where diversity of thinking, skills and experiences are embraced, delivering innovation and better business results. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds to apply.
If you’d like to be part of our exciting growth, please click the APPLY button and submit an up-to-date CV.
All applications will be held in the strictest confidence and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.